Sybase has some unusual features:
- Column names and table names are case sensitive
- Subqueries cannot include TOP 1 or ORDER BY
- Queries with max(COLUMN_NAME) and an ORDER BY seem to ignore the WHERE clause. Removing ORDER BY seems to fix this.
- Column names are 30 characters max
- Join syntax is: left_table [inner | left [outer] | right [outer]] join right_table on left_column_name = right_column_name
- Can’t do boolean operations in SELECT (eg, =, > <), but can do mathematical operations (eg, +, -) in SELECT clause